The infamous geohot has just released a Playstation 3 jailbreak! Although he released it, much credit goes to the fail0verflow team for basically “unlocking” the “lock” on the PS3 (not meant to be taken literally). The actual jailbreak process has been difficult for some people to understand, so this post highlights each step that you should take. It is not difficult at all.
What You Need
- A USB stick/flashdrive
- A PS3 running 3.55
- Common Sense!
1. Plug a USB stick into your computer
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
4. Download jailbreak.zip
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3
8. Navigate to Settings Tab
9. Choose System Update
10. Choose Update via Storage Media
11. It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
12. Choose OK
13. Accept Conditions and Install Update
14. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
15. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
16. Your PS3 is now jailbroken!
1. Plug your USB stick into your computer
2. Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
3. Plug your USB stick into your PS3
4. Navigate to the Game Tab
5. Choose Install Package Files
6. Select the test.pkg
7. After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
8. Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community
You have to login or register to post comments.
459 ♠ 117 ♣