Hi Again :D
I thought I would start a thread where we can share our idea's, personal tips and some useful tricks we use in our daily photography from personal experiences we have had.
I'll start off with some basic things (yes you might know/do this or find it not for you but there will always be someone who will find what you have to say useful so share a few words)
1. Clients always need a guide for their shoot to make them feel at ease
2. Give families or groups of people a small speech about not getting distracted and looking away from you to avoid having photo's with people looking all over the place
3. When doing a location shoot with someone with sensitive eyes, ask them to close there eyes, then open them and smile after you count to 3 then burst shot the pic.
4. With newborn shoots if you have someone to help you for safety reasons (like watching they dont 'leap frog' then try to not include mom from the start to avoid the frustrating 'hovering' which ultimately cramps you and blocks your light
5. For location shoots always have someone to assist with a reflector especially for a beach shoot (I ask them to bring a friend along to help, this also relaxes them and through their chatting you will always get big smiles and some laughing)
6. Keep some 'rescue remedy' (100% herbal calming drops) in your kit bag, this is one of my most important pieces of 'equipment', it works like a charm for nervous clients and mostly brides who are beyond grateful for the help with their nerves
7. Always format your SD card after clearing the photo's off of it, this helps maintain the speed of the card
8. Chat to your clients to put them at ease, small talk like where do you work, how long have you been married/dating (couples), How was the birth/how are you feeling/are you enjoying being a new mom (newborn) etc
9. Place a camera friend on your lens to keep little ones looking at you, interested and not intimidated by the camera (Later I will share with you how to make one for just $1)
Hi Again :D
You have to login or register to post comments.
1268 ♠ 1027 ♣